A brown rice crust gives this meat pie added nutrition. It's a fun and different way to serve chili.—Denise Kilback, Balgonie, Saskatchewan
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and green and sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- For filling, cook beef, celery, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, beans and chili powder. Spoon into crust.
- Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Rice Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p262
Reviews for Chili Rice Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review