“I usually have the ingredients for this great entree on hand, making it ideal for last-minute company or busy days when I don’t know what to make,” writes Ann Torrey from Brattleboro, Virginia. This one’s sure to be a hit!
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chili Rice Dinner in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p28
Reviews for Chili Rice Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review