- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Chili Rice Dinner
Sort By :
"The flavor was very bland. You could taste too much of the tomato sauce. I would definitely beef up the spices in this for sure. I also cooked the rice separately as I've done a recipe like this before and the rice never cooked in the liquid that was left in the pan. Just not enough of it."
"Didn't change a thing, lots of flavor. My daughters new favorite dinner!"
"My daughter made this for us at supper last night . We all liked it and it was fast and easy"
"This was a quick hearty dish that I will make again. . . I added two cloves of garlic along with the ground beef and veggies and served cornbread on the side. Add red pepper flakes or hot sauce if you want to spice it up a bit. . . Definitely a go-to dish for busy nights!"
"This was good but it wasn't great. It was easy to make though!"