- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Chili Rice Dinner
Sort By :
"Didn't change a thing, lots of flavor. My daughters new favorite dinner!"
"My daughter made this for us at supper last night . We all liked it and it was fast and easy"
"This was a quick hearty dish that I will make again. . . I added two cloves of garlic along with the ground beef and veggies and served cornbread on the side. Add red pepper flakes or hot sauce if you want to spice it up a bit. . . Definitely a go-to dish for busy nights!"
"This was good but it wasn't great. It was easy to make though!"
"this is delicious! my brother doesn't like rice,but he loved this dish!"