Chili Rice Casserole Recipe
Even people who try to bypass casseroles can't stay away from this zesty meat-and-rice dish. The seasonings make it irresistible. —Marietta Slater, Justin, Texas
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 10 ingredients; stir well. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until rice is tender. Stir in cheese during the last 10 minutes of cooking time. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 389 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,048 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC