I really don't recall where I first came across this recipe. I've had it in my files for years and fix it for my family quite often.—Carolyn Gorrell, Portales, New Mexico
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Sprinkle green chilies in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top
- with beef. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, flour and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into cheese mixture until
- blended. Pour over the beef. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Perfect Partners: Make a tossed salad with avocado slides and tomato wedges, drizzle with creamy ranch dressing. Serve with Chili Rellenos.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.