I really don't recall where I first came across this recipe. I've had it in my files for years and fix it for my family quite often.—Carolyn Gorrell, Portales, New Mexico
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Sprinkle green chilies in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with beef. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, flour and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into cheese mixture until blended. Pour over the beef. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chili Rellenos in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p293
Reviews for Chili Rellenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review