- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 6 slices bread
- 3 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- Salsa, optional
- Mash chilies with a fork; spread on three slices of bread. Top with cheese and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk; dip the sandwiches.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Cook sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, adding additional butter if necessary. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Chili Rellenos Sandwiches in Country Woman July/August 1998, p35
Reviews for Chili Rellenos Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review