- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Sprinkle green chilies in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with beef. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, flour and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into cheese mixture until blended. Pour over the beef. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Chili Rellenos
Sort By :
This was an out-of-the-ordinary, simple, and lowish-carb (if you care about such things, which I don't) main dish. My family liked it, even the two-year-old.
This recipe is a simplified version of stuffed chile rellenos but it tastes just as good. The cans of chopped green chiles save A LOT of time as you don't need to roast your own peppers.
We like to put a little ketchup on top of each serving; it gives it that last little touch.
this is the best.. I made use a smaller baking dish next time and mix all the ingres. together and try that. but the taste is fab...
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >