Chili Relleno Squares Recipe
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle half of each of the cheeses onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with chilies and remaining cheeses.
- 2. Whisk together eggs, milk and flour; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, until set, 25-30 minutes. Cut into small squares; serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 130 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Chili Relleno Squares
"I am pre-diabetic, so I am really watching my carb intake. This is so easy, very tasty and a real treat for me. (my husband loves it too). Really great appetizer."
"Great! Very tasty and easy to make!"
"This is a favorite appetizer at cocktail parties!"
"I have tried this recipe.It is the best if you like chili rellenos and they are so easy to make."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.