Chili Relleno Squares Recipe
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. Layer cheeses and chilies in a greased 8-in. square baking dish, starting and ending with cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk and flour; pour over cheese. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into small squares. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 130 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Chili Relleno Squares
"I am pre-diabetic, so I am really watching my carb intake. This is so easy, very tasty and a real treat for me. (my husband loves it too). Really great appetizer."
"Great! Very tasty and easy to make!"
"This is a favorite appetizer at cocktail parties!"
"I have tried this recipe.It is the best if you like chili rellenos and they are so easy to make."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.