- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle half of each of the cheeses onto bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with chilies and remaining cheeses.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and flour; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, until set, 25-30 minutes. Cut into small squares; serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Relleno Squares
"I am pre-diabetic, so I am really watching my carb intake. This is so easy, very tasty and a real treat for me. (my husband loves it too). Really great appetizer."
"Great! Very tasty and easy to make!"
"This is a favorite appetizer at cocktail parties!"
"I have tried this recipe.It is the best if you like chili rellenos and they are so easy to make."