My family requests this dish regularly - it's easy to prepare and makes a nice hors d'oeuvre or complement to a Mexican or Spanish meal. A friend I worked with shared the recipe with me several years ago.
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Layer cheeses and chilies in a greased 8-in. square baking dish, starting and ending with cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk and flour; pour over cheese. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into small squares. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chili Relleno Squares in Country Extra November 1993, p49
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Relleno Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review