- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Brush both sides of tortillas with butter. Place each tortilla in an individual ovenproof 10-oz. custard cup or casserole, pressing down in center to form a shell.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, flour, salt and pepper; set half aside. To the other half, add eggs, chiles, garlic and onion; pour into tortilla shells. Top with reserved cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Relleno Mini Casseroles in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p10
Reviews for Chili Relleno Mini Casseroles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review