Chili Pork Tenderloin
This lean (but not mean) dinner takes the tough out of pork and puts the tender back in tenderloin. —Renee Barfield, Thomaston, Georgia.
3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; brush over pork.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork equals 224 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.