Chili Pockets Recipe
Bring some fun to the table with this scrumptious twist on chili. “These are just awesome,” says Diane Angell of Rockford, Illinois, and we couldn't agree more! Made with just a few basic ingredients, these pockets make a family-friendly meal in no time.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal, divided
- Sour cream and salsa
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chili, cheese and cilantro. Roll pizza dough into a 12-in. square; cut into four 6-in. squares. Spoon 1/2 cup chili mixture onto the center of each square; brush edges of dough with water. Fold one corner of each square over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle. Using a fork, crimp edges to seal.
- 2. Sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal over a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Place pockets in pan; prick tops with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cornmeal.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC