Bring some fun to the table with this scrumptious twist on chili. “These are just awesome,” says Diane Angell of Rockford, Illinois, and we couldn't agree more! Made with just a few basic ingredients, these pockets make a family-friendly meal in no time.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal, divided
- Sour cream and salsa
- In a small bowl, combine the chili, cheese and cilantro. Roll pizza dough into a 12-in. square; cut into four 6-in. squares. Spoon 1/2 cup chili mixture onto the center of each square; brush edges of dough with water. Fold one corner of each square over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle. Using a fork, crimp edges to seal.
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal over a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Place pockets in pan; prick tops with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cornmeal.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Pockets in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p27
Reviews for Chili Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review