This omelet, stuffed with cheese, olives and sour cream and topped with zippy taco sauce, is easy to prepare. It makes a wonderfully filling main dish that's great for breakfast, lunch or supper.—Pamela Immekus, Sullivan, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add cheese, olives, chilies, salt and
- pepper. In a 10-in. skillet, heat the butter until it sizzles; turn
- pan to coat. Add egg mixture; cook over medium heat. As eggs set,
- lift eggs, letting the uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs
- are set, spoon sour cream across center; fold in half. Transfer to a
- warm plate; top with taco sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 429 calories, 35 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 501 mg cholesterol, 925 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.