Chili Nacho Supper Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 envelopes chili mix
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) corn chips
- Sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes and chili mix; heat through. Add cheese and cream; cook until the cheese is melted. Serve over chips. Top with sour cream. Yield: 14-16 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chili Nacho Supper
Sort By :
I prepared this recipe tonight and declare it a winner! Boy, was it good. And, so simple to make. We were eating less than half an hour since starting the recipe. I followed the recipe except I did halve it for the two of us and we still have leftovers for tomorrow. I can just imagine how good this would be in the Fall and Winter when it is cold rather than 105º like it is today. I highly recommend this delicious recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home. (This will be a regular in our household).
This has become a favorite of ours.
easy to make, tasty. needs more heat, for my taste. makes a lot to feed a lot. very rich so it won't be made too often.
Essentially frito pie, this was yummy! My proportions were slightly off as I didn't want to make the entire amount but didn't bother to exactly cut everything in half -- used something like half the tomato sauce, the entire amount of beans, entire amount of R*tel, 3/4 the amount of chili mix, half the cheese ... also subbed milk for cream. Anyway, all that fudging and it was still great! We liked ours with onions on top. The chili itself was yummy before adding the cheese & milk, so I'd like to try it with some shredded cheese just sprinkled on top instead of mixing in the Velveeta.
Wonderful, easy to make!! Outstanding recipe!!