Chili Nacho Supper
The recipe for this creamy, chili-like dish was passed down through our church years ago. It's so warm and filling that we often prepare it when we take skiing trips to Colorado. It can be served over corn chips and eaten with a fork...or kept warm in a slow cooker and served as a hearty dip at parties.
-Laurie Withers, Wildomar, California
14-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 envelopes chili mix
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) corn chips
- Sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. Add
- tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes and chili mix; heat through. Add
- cheese and cream; cook until the cheese is melted. Serve over chips.
- Top with sour cream. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 550 calories, 36 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,379 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now