The recipe for this creamy, chili-like dish was passed down through our church years ago. It's so warm and filling that we often prepare it when we take skiing trips to Colorado. It can be served over corn chips and eaten with a fork...or kept warm in a slow cooker and served as a hearty dip at parties. -Laurie Withers, Wildomar, California
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 envelopes chili mix
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) corn chips
- Sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes and chili mix; heat through. Add cheese and cream; cook until the cheese is melted. Serve over chips. Top with sour cream. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Chili Nacho Supper in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Nacho Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review