Classic, cold-weather comfort food, this chunky combination of tender beans, ground beef, tomatoes and macaroni will appeal to all ages. Our thanks to Phoebe Rech of David City, Nebraska for her tried-and-treasured recipe.
- 1/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato juice, beans, garlic, chili powder, salt, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture. Stir in pickle relish; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili Macaroni in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p59
Reviews for Chili Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review