Chili Macaroni Soup
Turn a boxed macaroni dinner into a thick zesty soup with this recipe from Flo Burtnett. The Gage, Oklahoma cook ladles out hearty helpings, which are chock-full of ground beef, tomatoes, corn, seasonings and more.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) chili macaroni dinner mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water,
- tomatoes, contents of sauce mix from the dinner mix, chili powder,
- garlic salt and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni from the dinner mix, corn and olives. Cover and simmer
- for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 145 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.