With wagon wheel pasta and popular Tex-Mex ingredients, this beefy main dish from Janet Kanzler of Yakima, Washington is a sure family-pleaser. Simply add a mixed green salad with any light dressing you like for a complete dinner.
- 1 cup uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) turkey chili with beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili, tomatoes, chips, 1/2 cup cheese, rice, chili powder, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to beef mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chili Mac Casserole in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p20
Reviews for Chili Macaroni Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review