Chili Macaroni Recipe
- 1/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato juice, beans, garlic, chili powder, salt, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture. Stir in pickle relish; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chili Macaroni(7)
Sort By :
I did like this meal and my boyfriend commented saying it was very good. Unfortunately I spaced on measuring out the beans and I just put the whole can in after I drained them (oops!) I used chili beans instead since that was what I had and I think it tasted fine with them. Next time I'll remember to measure out the beans since I didn't get to enjoy the macaroni as much. Any suggestions on things to add to kick up the flavor?
It was very bland... I put some of my Tastefully Simple Wahoo Chili mix in it and it was better but I wont make again with just this recipe. Also I topped with cheese :)
This was a hearty meal that was quick to put together. I had to more than double the recipe to feed my family. I don't know that I would always add the relish as it had more of the flavor of sloppy joe than chili. Still, it was a nice change from traditional chili.
I cooked the macaroni in beef stock rather than water; a lot more flavor. Also used V-8 juice, didn't have tomato, came out fine. Also, use a little more garlic (my husband likes garlic a lot.
My mom used to make this and she called it "Slum Gullen". I have made it for years and the family always loved it. We use chilli seasoning, a can of sweet corn and dont drain the beans. Very affordable meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >