This recipe has appeared on my menus once a month for more than 40 years---it's never failed to please. I've also turned it into a soup by adding a can of beef broth. - Marie Posavec, Berwyn, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through. Stir in
- macaroni; mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.