- 1-1/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder, salt and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain the macaroni and add to skillet; stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chili Mac Skillet(4)
Sort By :
I made this as directed with one exception- due to the comments below, I decided to add a packet of taco seasoning instead of the plain chili powder. This makes a ton of food. I used the biggest skillet I had, and there was no room for the macaroni, so I took out my biggest mixing bowl and stirred it together in there. After tasting it, I decided to make another addition- a condensed can of nacho cheese soup. It kind of pulled the sauce together and added a nice subtle cheese flavor. I topped with a little grated pepper jack, and it was pretty good. If you're looking for something that feeds a crowd, this will certainly do it.
I substituted a can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos for one of the cans of tomatoes and used a shredded mexican cheese blend. It was quite tasty. Next time I think I will substitute a can of ranch style pinto beans (in a chili flavored sauce) for the plain, canned beans. That should make it taste more like chili and less tomatoey
With the description and the way it smelled while cooking it I was a bit disappointed with the flavor. I even added a lot more Chili powder and cumin. Then added garlic pepper and salt. The pepper jack cheese definitely saved it though if you add a lot of pepper jack cheese to it it works pretty good. It was fairly easy to make and had lots of leftovers. Next time I think it would be better if I put actual Chili seasoning in it.
We quite enjoyed this one :) I subsituted NN small diced tomato w/ onion, green pepper and garlic for the diced tomato, and used Jalapeno havarti instead of the pepper Jack cheese. Good! I will definitely be making this one again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >