Speedy stovetop preparation makes this flavorful zippy main dish a winner at my table.—Tracy Golder, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder, salt and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain the macaroni and add to skillet; stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chili Mac Skillet in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p14
Reviews for Chili Mac Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review