- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Set aside cheese packets from dinner mixes. In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and stir beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce and seasonings. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture. Stir in contents of cheese packets, sour cream and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chili Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
"This was so easy to make and every time i have friends over for this dinner i have to make extra so they can take some home!This is a keeper for sure!!!"
"I made this while watching my friends daughter. everyone liked it so much, my friends daughter had 3 helpings. I sent some home with her, and they finished it off the next day. very easy, too."
"Simple,easy and delicious!"
"Delicious and easy! I went by the recipe (except only used 1 pound instead of 2 pounds of ground beef) and it came out perfectly. Thanks so much for posting this yummy recipe. -I even had enough extra to freeze for another meal since it makes so much!"