Chili Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Set aside cheese packets from dinner mixes. In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and stir beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce and seasonings. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture. Stir in contents of cheese packets, sour cream and 1 cup cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chili Mac & Cheese
"Great recipe. Had all the kids and grandkids over and it was a hit with all. The recipe is a keeper."
"This really just did not do this for us!"
"Fantastic and super easy!"
"This was so easy to make and every time i have friends over for this dinner i have to make extra so they can take some home!This is a keeper for sure!!!"
"I made this while watching my friends daughter. everyone liked it so much, my friends daughter had 3 helpings. I sent some home with her, and they finished it off the next day. very easy, too."
"Simple,easy and delicious!"
"Delicious and easy! I went by the recipe (except only used 1 pound instead of 2 pounds of ground beef) and it came out perfectly. Thanks so much for posting this yummy recipe. -I even had enough extra to freeze for another meal since it makes so much!"
"This was a good new recipe for a cold weekend night. I love the basic ingredients which I typically have on hand. I did cut down on the spices some as I was feeding a small child - only used 1 tblspoon of chili powder and no red pepper flakes or regular pepper. It came out tasting just fine with plenty of flavor. The only draw back for me was that it makes ALOT - it almost came out of my pan trying to put it all in. Next time I would probably half it for our family of 3 just to cut down on the leftovers. Overall though a keeper recipe that is easy."
"Great Dinner for Hungry Boys!"
"This might become a staple for us. It made so much and it's so filling! Everyone in the family loved it (even the 1 1/2 year old!)"
"Awesome! Delicious taste, not too spicy so you could spice it up if you wanted to. Everyone loved it!"
"One word.... UNBELIEVABLE!!!! This is truly a delicious and easy one dish meal. My picky family cant wait to have it again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.