Chili-Lime Snack Mix
Why buy a pricey bagged snack mix when you can easily make a better-tasting one at home? Create a Southwestern sensation with chili powder, cayenne pepper and a twist of lime.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup corn nuts
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cereal
- mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes, stirring three times.
- Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 3 quarts.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.