Why buy a pricey bagged snack mix when you can easily make a better-tasting one at home? Create a Southwestern sensation with chili powder, cayenne pepper and a twist of lime.
- 8 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup corn nuts
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
Originally published as Chili-Lime Snack Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p99
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili-Lime Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2015
"This sounds delicious. Any idea if it would work on only almonds? Love these almonds from the store."