Lime and chili add a kick that really make this recipe pop. Plus, the grilled peppers are a great way to get my family to eat veggies. —Libby Walp, Chicago, Illinois
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 24 pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- On each of 12 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, alternately thread two shrimp and two red pepper pieces. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 12 kabobs.
Originally published as Chili-Lime Shrimp Kabobs in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p13
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chili-Lime Shrimp Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review