Chili-Lime Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 24 pieces
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. On each of 12 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, alternately thread two shrimp and two red pepper pieces. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 12 kabobs.
1 kabob: 32 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Chili-Lime Shrimp Kabobs
"The marinade for this recipe is excellent. Next time I plan on using jumbo shrimp to make them a bit juicier as the medium sized shrimp dried out a little on the barbeque."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.