Chili-Lime Shrimp Kabobs
Lime and chili add a kick that really make this recipe pop. Plus, the grilled peppers are a great way to get my family to eat veggies. —Libby Walp, Chicago, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 24 pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate
- for 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- On each of 12 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, alternately
- thread two shrimp and two red pepper pieces. Grill kabobs, covered,
- over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or
- until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 12 kabobs.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob equals 32 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.