Chili Lime Cod Recipe
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine vegetable oil, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Sprinkle over fillets and rub evenly over all sides. Tuck any thin part of the fillets under for even cooking. Put prepared fillets in a medium or large ZIPLOC Brand Zip 'n Steam Bag, placing thicker portions toward outer edge of bag. Seal bag and place in microwave.
- 2. Cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes for 1/2-in. thick fillets. If needed, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until fillets flake easily with a fork. Let stand 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag. Use spatula to remove fillets from bag.
- 3. Spoon lime juice and butter over fillets. Garnish the fillets with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chili Lime Cod
"used the lime juice listed in the ingredient list instead of the lemon listed in the recipe. The chili powder gave the cod a nice flavor. Great recipe for when you need dinner on the table fast. I don't normally cook in the microwave but this will be a nice recipe to make in the summer when you don't want to turn on the oven & heat up the house."