- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine vegetable oil, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Sprinkle over fillets and rub evenly over all sides. Tuck any thin part of the fillets under for even cooking. Put prepared fillets in a medium or large ZIPLOC Brand Zip 'n Steam Bag, placing thicker portions toward outer edge of bag. Seal bag and place in microwave.
- Cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes for 1/2-in. thick fillets. If needed, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until fillets flake easily with a fork. Let stand 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag. Use spatula to remove fillets from bag.
- Spoon lemon juice and butter over fillets. Garnish the fillets with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili Lime Cod in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p79
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chili Lime Cod(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review