Chili-Lime Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a large saucepan, combine the syrup, chili sauce, lime juice and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper, add wings a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Transfer wings to a large bowl; add sauce mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 142 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chili-Lime Chicken Wings
"These wings are amazing! I decided to flour and bake them instead at 425 for 45 min (flip after 30). While they are baking, I simmered the sauce. I also used juice from 2 limes. Next time I will add a touch of heat."
"Wonder if these could be put into the oven instead of deep fried?"
"very good..made for b'day party! everyoneloved! a keeper"
"Wings were very flavorful, not too hot/spicy for the kids. I like my wings hot, so I added some hot sauce and red pepper to mine...absolutely fantastic!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer