Chili-Lime Chicken Tostadas Recipe
The flavor of this tender chicken is delicious with a hint of lime. It has just the right amount of heat to spice it up but keep it family friendly. —Laura Powell, South Jordan, Utah
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 tostada shells
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- Optional ingredients: Shredded cabbage, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, sliced ripe olives and guacamole
- 1. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine chicken and onion. In a small bowl, combine the green chilies, lime juice, chili powder and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Set aside 2/3 cup cooking juices. Discard remaining juices. Shred chicken with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in reserved cooking juices.
- 3. Spread tostadas with refried beans; top with chicken. Layer with cabbage, cheese, salsa, sour cream, olives and guacamole if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
2 tostadas (calculated without optional toppings) equals 505 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 686 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 62 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC