Chili Jack Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil for 10 minutes; drain. Add the broth, chilies, mustard, garlic and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Stir in the cream; simmer until thickened. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 582 calories, 46g fat (24g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Chili Jack Chicken
"We had this chicken dish tonight and I loved it. The only changes I made to the recipe was instead of chopped green chilies, which I didn't have, I added a chopped jalapeno (without seeds or ribs). Also, I used evaporated milk instead of whipping cream. The jalapenos really didn't give it much flavor so I will use the can of chilies next time. It was still good. I recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.