Chili Jack Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil for 10 minutes; drain. Add the broth, chilies, mustard, garlic and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Stir in the cream; simmer until thickened. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 582 calories, 46 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.