Chili Jack Chicken Recipe
"I'm a mother, military wife and full-time pharmacist, so I appreciate quick recipes," says Karen Dunavant of Aiea, Hawaii. "I increase the recipe for this flavorful chicken when company comes."
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil for 10 minutes; drain. Add the broth, chilies, mustard, garlic and salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir in the cream; simmer until thickened. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili Jack Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chili Jack Chicken(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >