Chili In No Time
When your family's asking for chili and time is short, make this quick and easy variety. It gets a head start with store-bought spaghetti sauce.—Pearl Johnson, Prior Lake, Minnesota
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chili powder
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown beef and onion; drain. Add
- remaining ingredients; simmer for at least 15 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 250 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.