- meat in oil in batches. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker with a
- slotted spoon. Stir in onion, peppers, tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce
- and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the
- meat is tender.
- Cut tops off rolls; carefully hollow out bottom halves. Spoon about 1
- cup of chili into each roll. Garnish with sour cream, onions and red
- pepper if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 420 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 947 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 29 g protein.