A little micro time, a dash in the pan and you'll have a satisfying meal for those where-did-the-time-go nights, so you can put up your feet and relax! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound medium potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili starter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain potatoes and add to the
- skillet. Stir in the chili starter, peas, parsley and salt. Bring to
- a boil. Reduced heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve with
- sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 431 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,012 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 29 g protein.