A little micro time, a dash in the pan and you'll have a satisfying meal for those where-did-the-time-go nights, so you can put up your feet and relax! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound medium potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili starter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain potatoes and add to the skillet. Stir in the chili starter, peas, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Hash in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p16
Reviews for Chili Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review