- 1 pound medium potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili starter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain potatoes and add to the skillet. Stir in the chili starter, peas, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chili Hash
Sort By :
"It's a great recipe. Chili starters are found near the diced tomatoes."
"Do you mean "Sloppy Joe" starter instead of "Chili"? I used "Manwich" and it was quite tasty and easy to make! It was the only thing I thought of when I read "Chili" starter. I cook potatoes in the microwave all the time. It really cuts down on the cooking time. Quick and easy recipe, thanks!"
"I don't usually write reviews of recipes if I don't follow the instructions correctly, but like other reviewers my local store did not carry chili starter. I also tried substituting a can of no-beans chili, but I found that the result (of course) just tasted like a big pot of canned chili. I like my food well-seasoned, and so I added about a teaspoon each of my favorite chili seasonings (cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and hot sauce) as well as a little cayenne to taste to boost the flavor. I also added about 1/4 cup of water since the canned chili left the mixture a little dry. Overall, even with these additions, I found the meal just so-so. I did enjoy the additions of the potatoes and peas for a little texture. I have never tasted chili starter and this dish may be much better if you're able to find it. If I do, I'll try the recipe again and re-rate it."
"couldn't find chili starter in my local stores, so I used chili no beans. This is a hearty, quick meal and tastes great."