"I created this recipe when unexpected guests stopped over and I didn't have enough chili for everyone," recalls Cindy Cuykendall of Skaneateles, New York. The surprising supper became a family favorite.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain spaghetti; add to beef mixture. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, water, chili seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chili-ghetti in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p33
Reviews for Chili-ghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review