Chili For Two Recipe
"This flavorful chili is still thick and hearty even though it makes a small batch," confirms Norma Grogg of St. Louis, Missouri. "I serve it with a salad of grapefruit and avocado slices."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat no longer pink. Add garlic; cook one minute longer. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 339 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 948 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 17 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC