Chili For Two Recipe
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat no longer pink. Add garlic; cook one minute longer. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 339 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 17g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Chili For Two
"This was a little "bland" for my husband, so I altered it a little. I swapped out the diced tomatoes for Rotel Medium diced tomatoes. He liked it very much, but still thought it could be a little spicier."
"I made this recipe with hamburger once it was very good. The next time I subtitled the hamburger with hot Italian sausage, made it a little spicier."
"This was the best chili I've ever had. My husband also enjoyed it."
"This is great easy basic recipe for chili that tastes wonderful. Great for 2 people or a family of 3. I made it for my boyfriend and myself and had a good extra serving leftover. I served with cornbread, super yummy! :)"
"It,s very good chili"
"Easy yet good, like already said!"
"I added 1 pound of ground beef to make it meaty and have extra servings. I also added a couple spoonfuls of the liquid from a jar of jalapenos for a little extra spice. Delicious!!"
"Hubby came back for a third helping. I used 1/2 lb. beef, 1 tsp. onion powder, and 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Hubby likes shredded cheddar cheese on his, and I like a dollop of sour cream. It's very good and quick."
"This is the best recipe for chili I have ever found. My grandkids love it. It's easy too! I do use 1/2 pound meat in mine to make it thicker. When the kids aren't eating with me I add 1/8 teaspoon cayenne to give it some heat."
"Easy and delicious!!"