Chili Flank Steak Recipe
I started making this recipe when we moved from Idaho to Kentucky. It gets so hot here that we use our outdoor grill as often as possible to keep the kitchen cool. My husband loves this juicy steak and its tasty sauce. I like that I can have it ready to marinate in no time. —Karma Henry, Glasgow, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup V8 juice
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with reserved marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC