Chili Flank Steak
I started making this recipe when we moved from Idaho to Kentucky. It gets so hot here that we use our outdoor grill as often as possible to keep the kitchen cool. My husband loves this juicy steak and its tasty sauce. I like that I can have it ready to marinate in no time. —Karma Henry, Glasgow, Kentucky
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup V8 juice
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour half of
- the marinade into a large resealable bag; add the steak. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning
- occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill steak, covered, over
- medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with
- reserved marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping.