Chili Dog Spaghetti
"On a warm summer day when I didn't feel like heating the oven, I created this recipe," recalls Karen Fehr. The Fairbury, Illinois cook uses leftover hot dogs, convenient canned items and shredded cheese to prepare her quick main dish.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (26-1/4 ounces each) spaghetti in tomato sauce with cheese
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese,divided
- In a large skillet, saute hot dogs, onion, garlic powder and pepper
- in oil. Add the spaghetti, chili and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 322 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,166 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.