"On a warm summer day when I didn't feel like heating the oven, I created this recipe," recalls Karen Fehr. The Fairbury, Illinois cook uses leftover hot dogs, convenient canned items and shredded cheese to prepare her quick main dish.
Recommended: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
- 6 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (26-1/4 ounces each) spaghetti in tomato sauce with cheese
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese,divided
- In a large skillet, saute hot dogs, onion, garlic powder and pepper in oil. Add the spaghetti, chili and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chili Dog Spaghetti in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p48
Reviews for Chili Dog Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2012
"My family liked this. A good recipe to throw together when you are short on time."