Chili Dog Sauce Recipe
This big batch of sauce disappears quickly. Why not put some sauce into pretty jars and take it to your next cookout? You're sure to be the hit of the barbecue.— Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 2-3/4 hours YIELD:24 servings
- 2-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) ketchup
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- Hot dogs, heated
- Hot dog buns, split
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in ketchup and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-1/2 hours or until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Serve over hot dogs in buns; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC