- 2-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) ketchup
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- Hot dogs, heated
- Hot dog buns, split
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in ketchup and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-1/2 hours or until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot dogs in buns; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Chili Dog Sauce
Sort By :
"I very much regret wasting my money on this recipe. I thought it tasted terrible so I asked my husband to try it and told him what it was prior. He said it tasted weird. Then I tried all kinds of things to try and make it better. No luck it was just too bad to repair. I always use really fresh ingredients when cooking so that was not the problem."
"This recipe was so simply and was a crowd pleaser. I added a bit of Worcestershire Sauce which gave it a unique scrumptious taste. This is my second time making for a sporting event. Thanks for sharing."
"Made this for 34 people and everyone raved about it. I did change it slightly to use up some ingredients I had on hand......1 cup tomato sauce and 1 cup homemade BBQ sauce. and of course cut back on the amount of ketchup called for. will make this again for sure. Thanks for a great recipe."
"This recipe was so good, and easy. I didn't use the green pepper, or garlic and this recipe was still really good. I will be making this again.."
"I made this for my daughter to take to her job and people just raved over it. It was easy and went over with a blast. I left the green peppers out because she does not care for them. Wonderful and easy.."