Chili Dog Fries Recipe
- 4 cups frozen french-fried potatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the chili, hot dogs and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve over fries; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 616 calories, 35 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 931 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Chili Dog Fries
"I didn't really like this recipe. It sounded so good but I think the hotdogs and/or onions made the chili really watery."
"i make a similar dish quite often in the summer but use fresh potato slices...partially cooked on the microwave...as a "bed" for the chili dogs...less fattening and kids like the "funny" look of the meal."