Chili Dog Fries Recipe
Who needs hot dog buns when you serve these saucy chili dogs over french fries from the freezer section? Folks of all ages will enjoy this hearty combo.
- 4 cups frozen french-fried potatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the chili, hot dogs and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve over fries; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 616 calories, 35 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 931 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC