Chili Dog Fries Recipe
- 4 cups frozen french-fried potatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the chili, hot dogs and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve over fries; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 616 calories, 35g fat (15g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 931mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 9g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Chili Dog Fries
"I didn't really like this recipe. It sounded so good but I think the hotdogs and/or onions made the chili really watery."
"i make a similar dish quite often in the summer but use fresh potato slices...partially cooked on the microwave...as a "bed" for the chili dogs...less fattening and kids like the "funny" look of the meal."