Chili Cups Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) sliced Italian bread
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut circles from bread slices using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Press the circles into greased miniature muffin cups.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from tins and cool on wire racks. Fill each bread cup with about 1 tablespoon chili mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 114 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.